Skip to main content

American Royals Series

Katherine McGee has written American Royals and American Royals II: Majesty in the last couple of years and they are wonderful.  If you, like me, are a fan of the British Royal family then I would highly recommend these 2 books.  I listened to them both on audiobook version, and they were super fun to listen to.

American Royals follows the story of America's royal family, the Washingtons, who were offered a monarchy after the Americans won the Revolutionary War.  And now, two and a half centuries later, the King has an heir and a spare.  The states are Earldoms and Dukedoms based on their joining the union, and interesting points like that.  And who will be queen one day when the current king dies?  

Princess Beatrice is expected to be Queen one day, since succession laws have changed and now her younger brother is not first in line to the thrown.  Her younger sister is the spare, and nobody seems to care about Princess Samantha except for how much she seems to be messing up.  And Prince Jeffrey is the beloved son of America, but which of two very eligible women will win his heart.

And without giving away too much of the plot, Majesty follows the new Queen's navigation of her coming to power as America's first queen.  Will parliament, and the public in general, accept their new queen?  And how will her sister and brother fare in their new roles as heir and spare or will they just enjoy all the parties?  This book brings us back into Princesses Beatrice and Samantha and Prince Jeffrey's lives and picks up right where the first book leaves off.  You will not be able to read only the first book.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Goldfinch (part 2)

 I said previously that I would post about this literary fiction book again once I was done reading it, and I finally finished it a few weeks ago.  It's taken me a few weeks to write about it, partly because I'm not entirely sure what to say about it, and also because I immediately jumped into a few lighter reads.  Am I glad I read The Goldfinch ?   It's a very big, long, slow book. Yes, because now it's no longer on my TBR list.  Yes, because I'm not sure I've ever read a book that won a Pulitzer Prize, and I'm not sure I will again.  But in all honesty, once I was done, I kind of felt like not much happened in the story considering it's well over 500 pages long.   I think perhaps if you're in the mood for a slower paced, book that is clearly super well written and perhaps a breath of fresh air from a typical beach read then this is the book for you.  If you're sick of romcom type books, then this is the book for you.  Definitely w...

Scout Moore: Junior Ranger, Grand Canyon

 It is quite clear that my blog has been on a 3 week hiatus, and the reason for that is a family vacation, which ties in really neatly with this book.  We undertook a road trip to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Arches National Park, Denver and a couple of other spots for almost 2 weeks.  I thoroughly enjoyed all of these spots, and as such, bought this book for my daughter. This is a really cute story, written by Theresa Howell, of how Scout becomes a Junior ranger when her and her family visit the Grand Canyon.  Being a foreigner in the US, I didn’t really know about this program, and after reading this cute story, our family worked through junior ranger programs at Zion, Canyonlands and Arches national parks. When checking for the link to this book, I see that there are multiple options for different parks.  I would imagine the stories are quite similar, and perhaps only the one from your first national park makes most sense.   My girls really enj...

Love Walked In

This book by Marisa De Los Santos has been sitting on my shelf for a few years - I think my husband may have bought Love Walked In for me when we still lived in South Africa, which we moved away from over 6 years ago.  I am trying this year to read what is already there, even though library books are free.  And boy am I glad on this one - when I looked it up on Amazon to add the link, I discovered that it's the first of a series of 4 books - YAY. This story started a little slow for me because I hadn't read the blurb, which explained how the 2 narrators become connected, but once I realized, it was fun to read and see how it happened.  This is the story of a women and her boyfriend's daughter and how they become incredibly important in each other's lives.  I don't want to spoil the story, which definitely had some unexpected twists and turns, but I can tell you it's an engrossing story which I read in a week and had a really great ending.  I'm excited to re...