Skip to main content

Blue Hat, Green Hat

Sandra Boynton is one of my favorite children’s board book authors.  I discovered her in a free box of books at a small English library somewhere in Tubingen, Germany.  I cannot remember what the library was called, but I still love The Belly Button Book.  And I then climbed on German Amazon and bought 2 box sets.  The greatest hits Big blue box contains Moo, Baa, La La La!; A to Z; Doggies and Blue Hat, Green Hat.  And then The greatest hits Big Yellow box contains The going-to-bed book; Horns to toes; Opposites; But not the hippopotamus.  

I can still recall almost verbatim at least 3 or 4 of these books, since we read them so so many times.  And I would happily read them another 100 times each, except for the fact that my kids have kind of outgrown them, which is sad.  Now I buy a smattering of these for new babies, especially friends who live in South Africa because you can’t get these there.

We have also read a number of her other books, which we would borrow from our wonderful library.  They were all wonderful and fun and I love how she writes rhyming books which are fun for kids to look at and fun for parents to read!

And the girls will still recite and laugh about parts of Blue Hat, Green Hat, which has been the funniest book in our family by far over the last 6.5 years.





Comments